How To Measure Custom Fit Roller Roller Blinds Guide
At Blinds Downunder we have put together an explanation video and written guide on how to measure different window and door configurations for your selected roller blinds.
Items you will need
1)Steel Tape measure (All measurements to be documented in millimetres)
2)Print Measurement form or populate Measurement form online
3)Pen and Paper
1) Always document the room your blind will be installed. You may wish to sketch a plan of blind locations as reference. Hang onto both your Measurement form/sketch and file for future reference.
2)Always measure every window individually, check measurements in a minimum of three different locations. Windows can sometimes be out of square. Refer to measurement video and specific measurement documents: Face Fit, Face Fit No Architraves, Recess Fit, Corner Blind Deductions, Pelmet, which can be found at bottom of this page or at the bottom resources bar (Downloads).
3)Always measure the width measurement and then the drop measurement in that order. Make sure you write measurements to the exact millimetre.
4) Always document the side you wish your Chain Drive to be positioned, at time of measurement.
5) Always look for any obstructions ie; door/window hardware, which may interfere with your blind’s functionality.
6) Never take measurement directly from your house plans or window schedules as this will most likely not be accurate.
7) Always Triple check your measurements and blind details you have documented.
8) Our blind manufactures deduct the correct tolerances for your blinds to fit. It is important to input your measurements to the exact size. It is always recommended if you are finding it difficult to differentiate between one millimetre, you write down the lesser measurement.Corner windows are handled different refer to our how to measure corner window and deductions at the bottom of this page or in the bottom resources bar (Downloads).
9) If you are measuring with someone else, make sure everyone is reading the tape measure the same way, before you start measuring the entire house lot of blinds. Make sure to read all measurements out aloud and confirm measurements by repeating your assistant’s measurement, especially before writing the finalised measurements on your measurement form.
10) Once you have completed the Measurement form, transfer these details to our product selections Single Roller, Double Roller, Pelmets and Protection Roller at the top of the page. Triple check the information you are entering relates to your Measurement form, as you go. Always check your information is correct prior to proceeding with purchase that is in your cart.
Below you will find links to How to measure face fit Blinds without architraves, How to Measure face fit Blinds with architraves, How to measure recess fit blinds and How to measure corner blinds. How to measure Linked Roller Blinds. Simply click the images below for more details.